Happy Friday, everyone! It’s time for another #FemaleFridays chat with a fellow female professional. In this new episode, I talk to Kerry McGinn, physical therapist, personal trainer, and yoga instructor based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Kerry launched her own small business, Live Good Feel Good, during “the height of the pandemic” in March 2020. It’s a physical therapy and wellness company that focuses on helping people learn about their body so that they can take charge of their own healing and recovery.
While the launch of her business didn’t look how she had expected or planned it, Kerry was overwhelmed by support from the community, family, and friends. And so far, it’s been going really well. Kerry’s other lines of work ended or were put on pause when the pandemic hit, so oddly enough it was a blessing: it made her focus her energy full-time on Live Good Feel Good.
Kerry and I talk more about Live Good Feel Good’s current services and operations, as well as her vision for the company’s future. We also discuss how Kerry got into this space, how she launched Live Good Feel Good, her passion for integrative medicine, and lots more. Tune in to listen to the whole episode!
In this episode we discuss:
- [01:30] Kerry’s experience with launching her company during a global pandemic
- [03:00] How Kerry got into physical therapy, personal training, and yoga...which stems from her passion for sports at 16 years old
- [10:00] Kerry’s journey from physical therapy school to opening her own holistic recovery center
- [15:45] What it’s like offering services in the Boston area with pandemic restrictions in place
- [18:15] Kerry’s vision for the future of Live Good Feel Good and why integrative medicine is so important to her and her business
- [21:00] Acting as a supportive partner in a client’s recovery journey and being open to collaboration, not competition
Follow Kerry on Instagram at @livegood_feelgood_
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!