You know what time it is... time for the next #FemaleFridays chat on the Female emPOWERED podcast! This week, I had the opportunity to talk to Kristin Kaplan, my very own Integrator! Kristin shares her journey to becoming an integrator (and what that even means!) along with how this role could greatly impact your business.
Why every business needs a visionary and integrator
Before her current work as an integrator and integrator instructor, Kristin was a wedding planner who then became a coach for wedding professionals — showing them how to run their businesses and better manage their teams. From there, she began to work in the online entrepreneurship space where she supported digital CEOs, doing anything from helping them with pricing, organizing their launches, addressing data, and more to keep them organized and on track with their goals and vision.
She believes that every business needs a visionary and an integrator, terms coined from the book, Rocket Fuel. An integrator is the left brain to the CEO’s right brain, who takes the vision of the company and puts it into action through strategy and action steps and then divides tasks amongst the team, keeping everyone on track. She has seen firsthand how impactful this role has on a business and now teaches others on how to become an integrator through her Digital COO Academy.
In this episode we discuss:
- [00:45] How Kristin fell into the work she is doing as an integrator
- [02:23] Why every business needs an integrator and what this role entails
- [05:01] What makes for a good integrator and how to find the right fit for your business
- [11:50] Various personality tests to help you better understand yourself and your team
- [18:40] How to work with a virtual team and utilize various platforms for meetings, communication, and task management
- [26:48] What you can expect to pay an integrator
- [31:21] Kristin’s training program for integrators
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- The Enneagram Institute
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- The Digital COO Academy
- Planning for Profit Podcast
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!