Welcome back to another episode of Female emPOWERED! Today I’m joined by Shay Kostabi and Barry Enis from Fitness Career Podcast! These two are a husband and wife duo and consulting team with over a decade of experience in the industry. They teach various modalities on and offline, train and mentor the future generations of instructors, and help build boutique fitness studio businesses around the world.
Fitness Career Mastery became the consulting and educational platform that it is when Barry and Shay joined forces. They combined Barry’s podcast (featuring tons of free resources and tips from experts around the world) and Shay’s consulting services (specializing in program development, teacher training, one on one coaching, mentorship, and live workshops.) They’re passionate about helping studios and trainers create unforgettable, immersive workout experiences for their clients. Today we’re talking about the essential ingredients every business must have to survive!
Let’s talk about...
- Their story and how they got to where they are in the industry
- Why there is a disconnect between instructors, classes and their ideal client
- How to position your business the correct way and build foundational elements
- What steps you need to take to make sure you survive
- How to make sure you have room for the right instructors and how to find the right instructors for your business
- What to do if an instructor doesn’t align with your business qualities and what to look for when hiring new instructors
- How this can apply to you if you’re a small business with only a few instructors
- What the onboarding process should look like when hiring for the first time
- A few recommendations on how to get started if you aren’t clear on your core values
If you want to connect with Shay and Barry more, be sure to check out their podcast and join their Facebook group where they host live weekly training’s! You can also visit their website where you can learn more about their private group coaching for fitness entrepreneurs and creators!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!