Welcome back to another episode of Female emPOWERED! Today I’m so excited to have my friend Jared Kaplan joining me from Studio 26 in NYC and he has a really, really unique business model that we are going to chat about today. Studio 26 enables fitness and wellness professionals to experience freedom in an inspiring space, belong to a community of experts and make more money.
Jared is sought after as a teacher, trainer, presenter, and entrepreneur. He has presented advanced workshops internationally (China, Mexico), as well as across the USA and he continues to advance his personal studies with the brightest minds in movement and rehabilitation. Jared founded Studio 26 with a brighter vision for existing gyms and studios. A native New York City boy with a country heart, Jared spent his post-college years (Wesleyan University, BA in Dance) as a dancer in San Francisco and New York, performing on some of those cities most prestigious stages. Along the way, he recognized how design alters physical performance, people, and perception.
Let’s talk about…
- The before and after of his life prior to deciding to open his own business
- His background with entrepreneurship, business training and business inspiration before starting his own
- How Jared chose the model he currently uses versus using his personal name for business
- The inspiration behind choosing this specific business model
- Jared explains exactly what business model he uses and the difference between his setup compared to other businesses
- How contracting in Studio 26 works and what provides as the hub for the people who rent his space
- How setting time management, boundaries and saying no can actually bring you more time and money
- Current activism, organization and movements Jared is passionate and the ways he educates himself