Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFridays guest this week is Darcy Smith — who just happens to be my older sister! I was honored to have her as a guest on my show. While she may not fit the “typical” criteria for previous guests I have had with a health or wellness business, Darcy has one of the most difficult yet rewarding jobs on the planet.
Darcy is the CEO of her home as a stay at home mother of 11 children. In this episode, we talk about the various stereotypes large families have, ins and outs of homeschooling, and so much more. She never imagined she would be married with a housefull! Tune in to hear more of her story and how she manages to “get it all done.”
In this episode we discuss:
- Who Darcy is and what she does, including more about her family
- The decision to homeschool their 11 children
- Homeschooling options with differing state requirements
- Stereotypes of homeschool children and families
- Transitioning your children from homeschooling into college
- NCAA requirements for athletes regarding homeschooling along with dual enrollment during high school for college credit
- Darcy’s typical day and how she manages to “get it all done”
- What it really means to be the CEO of your home as a stay at home mom
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!