Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFridays guest this week is Beth Bishop, CEO and head coach of the Phoenix Effect in Los Angeles, CA.
At the Phoenix Effect, they believe fitness should be approached holistically as a tool that will empower you to level up in all areas of your life. Their programs seek to improve the bodies and LIVES of athletes by helping them feel better, believe in themselves, become more productive, and assist in life-long self-actualization.
Path to Fitness
Beth was not always in the fitness industry, as she majored in political science and German. Then, she spent a year working in Germany as a project manager at a finance company. She quickly realized that sitting behind a desk was not what she wanted and decided to dive into the fitness world.
She worked at several gyms before starting her own personal training business. After a tragedy at the beginning of 2014, Beth became a partner in business along with a friend of the Max Phoenix Effect, now known as the Phoenix Effect.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who is Beth and what is the Phoenix Effect
- Her journey to finding fitness
- How she named her business
- Incorporating mindset work with current clients and other business owners
- Biggest pain points for business owners alike
- State of reactivity
- How female entrepreneurs can transform their mindsets
- Perfectionism and viewing failure differently
- Manifesting your ideal clients and business
- ABCD method to change thoughts and mindset
Head over to Beth’s website https://www.phoenixeffectla.com/ to learn more about their various fitness programs, including both online and in-studio programs.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!