Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFridays guest this week is Lauren Sok. She took the leap to found Functionize in 2015 in Georgia after nearly 20 years in conventional physical therapy practice with the ultimate goal of creating a new legacy for her family and her colleagues.
How to build a culture of accountability at work
Lauren is passionate about creating an intentional culture within her team along with accountability. She shares her hiring process and various steps she takes to ensure that the people she aligns herself with also align with her business — and that she can support their personal and professional goals as well.
In this episode we discuss:
- [03:53] How Lauren founded Functionize
- [07:35] Creating a culture of accountability
- [09:28] The importance of core values and team philosophy
- [13:47] Lauren’s new hire interview and onboarding process
- [19:15] How the StrengthsFinder test helped build up her team as a whole
- [24:32] How she handles conflict as a team
- [32:06] Benefits of having an engaged team culture and accountability
- [39:14] Trello task manager and how it eliminates micromanagement
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!