You didn’t go into business to become an accountant
Sandi knows that most business owners don’t go into business to become an accountant. Yet for many of them, that’s the unfamiliar world they find themselves in when trying to account for their business activity.
With over 30 years of experience as a CPA, she knows that it’s much easier for health and fitness professionals to sit down with someone who is familiar with the industry and understands the business and lifestyle. As a fitness enthusiast herself, she has bridged the gap between the numbers and sweat for many health and fitness professionals who are searching for support when it comes to managing their business and money.
Tune in to hear all about Sandi’s journey to starting Fit Money Coach and her top tips and advice for health and fitness professionals from a CPA’s standpoint.
In this episode we discuss:
- [01:16] Who Sandi is and how she started her business
- [03:20] Burnout and what she did next
- [04:10] How a wellness conference changed her business
- [07:35] Advice for business owners just starting out
- [10:41] Spreadsheets to using Quickbooks
- [14:40] Importance of setting up a separate business checking account
- [17:20] Write-offs as a business owner
- [23:14] Managing money, how to pay yourself, and set aside money for taxes
- [34:04] Charging clients what your time is really worth
- [36:35] Differences between a PNL, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!