I had the pleasure of speaking with Jackie Hinton as she shared her journey to creating her company, Good Citizen, in 2015.
As a longtime Pilates instructor, Jacqueline has forever changed the way Pilates lovers do Pilates with her incredible products. Good Citizen is a Los Angeles-born Pilates lifestyle brand reimagining Pilates workouts through their vibrant personalized loops. The single and double loops are made in the USA and are built to protect all Pilates lovers during their workout.
Tune in as we discuss how Good Citizen came to be as Jackie saw a need to create a brand of personal Pilates loops that were both hygienic and stylish.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who Jackie is and what she does
- How she came up with the idea for Good Citizen
- Pilates equipment and why her products made sense
- Taking her idea and actually making the business a reality
- Finding the right manufacturer
- How she started selling her products
- First year of business
- Business prior to the 2020 shutdown and how the pandemic affected Good Citizen
- Running the business from her own home
- Future of Good Citizen
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!