Olesya Webb was an elite level gymnast who began to travel the country performing day in and out as a professional contortionist and acrobat. You can imagine the beating her body took as a result. She began practicing Pilates as cross-training and it quickly became vital to help her avoid injury and stay healthy.
Olesya became a Pilates instructor in 2018 and she is fiercely passionate about helping her clients get out and stay out of pain as she has experienced this first hand. She currently teaches out of her studio located in Houston, TX.
Over the last few years, Olesya has experienced burnout and adrenal fatigue...something many of us in the fitness industry have gone through ourselves at one time or another. Listen in as we discuss how to create boundaries, decide what to say yes or no to, and her journey from being a gymnast to the pilates instructor she is today.
In this episode we discuss:
- Getting to know Olesya and what she does
- Her journey to Pilates
- The impact her instructor had on her life
- Getting her Pilates certification in 2018
- Experiencing burnout and adrenal fatigue
- The art of saying no
- Deciding how to prioritize and what to say yes to
- Transition to working for herself
- Slow progress is still progress
- What her current day to day is like and what’s on the horizon
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!