Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFridays guest this week is Jordana Edelstein — a lover and teacher of yoga and movement for about 8 years. Since starting her journey in the health and wellness space, Jordana has shifted her focus. Today, nutrition coaching is her calling, after struggling with her own disordered eating, body image issues, and experience with different nutrition coaches. After battling with these issues silently, Jordana realized she could use her own experiences and knowledge to help coach her clients to improve their nutrition and eating!
Jordana is helping clients change their mindset with food — learning what food actually is, how to eat the correct amounts to care for their body, and working through perceptions of “bad foods” and “good foods.” Tune in to hear more of her story and how she helps her clients build a better relationship with food.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who Jordana is and what she does, including more about her views on nutrition
- How Jordana shifts her client's mindset about losing weight and her own experiences
- Jordana discusses her own struggles with her body and self-confidence as a teenager and young adult.
- Disordered eating and poor eating patterns
- Working with a nutrition coach to help regain control over food, mindset, and self trust.
- How all different body types struggle with food and body image.
- Jordana tells us how nutrition coaching has worked for her
- Making minor changes slowly to help you sustain your healthy lifestyle
- Media and our world need to change views on people and normalize differences
- Jordana’s process when working with clients
- Being consistent and sustaining a healthy lifestyle
If you are looking to work with Jordana or want to learn more about how she helps people achieve their nutritional goals. Follow her on Instagram @jordanaedelstein or visit her website www.jordanaedelstein.com.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!