Hey everyone! Thank you for joining me for another Female Friday! I am with Dr. Rena Eleazar, who I have sadly never met in person but totally feel like I know through Instagram. She is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and also is a strength and conditioning coach.
Dr. Rena Eleazar is based out of New York City and has been in business for 4 years. She focused on athletic rehab and working on their performance and getting them back into their sport. Finding a niche in ultimate frisbee (who would have thought?!) She has found a great way to help these athletes and others get back to the sport.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who Dr. Eleazar is, her business, and who she serves
- Her journey into entrepreneurship and owning her own practice
- How Crossfit kickstarted her physical therapy career
- Where and how she sees and helps clients
- Getting clients and building relationships
- Common misconceptions people have of physical therapy
- Working with the NBA G League
- How Dr. Eleazar treats her personal clients
- The pandemic and how it affected her practice
- Physical therapists and how they help with mental health
- Strength coaches and “rules” they have set
- How training changes and why fitness professionals need to stay on top of it
- Dr. Eleazar’s most challenging parts of her business
- [47:47] What surprised Dr. Eleazar about owning a business
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!