Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFriday guest this week is Dr. Aracelly Latino-Feliz, PT, DPT, SFMA.
After completing her Masters in Physical Therapy at Florida International University in 2007, she moved to California and worked at a highly regarded physical therapy and performance facility in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is where she began implementing a more holistic approach to her practice as a PT.
Holistic approach to healing
With more than 15 years of experience in the fitness and sports industry, Dr. Latino-Feliz believes in an integrated approach to reach optimal health and performance, and to increase resistance to injury. She worked with collegiate, professional, and olympic-level athletes from the NFL, MLB, and USA Men’s Bobsled Team! She is also part of the clinical faculty at The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences Doctoral Physical Therapy Program in Miami.
Tune in as we discuss how she fell in love with the sports and fitness industry, how she integrates emotional intelligence into her practice, and specific adaptations she has made as a female entrepreneur.
In this episode we discuss:
- Aracelly’s journey to the wellness industry
- Why she chose PT with focus on sports and orthopedics
- The shift to practice ownership
- Reaching the point of burnout and how it affected her personal health
- Asking for help as a female entrepreneur
- Emotional intelligence and resilience in business
- ACES (adverse childhood experiences) and impact on development
- Adaptability and resilience as a female business owner
- Focusing on what lights you up
Follow Dr. Aracelly on Instagram at @dr.aralatinofeliz and @the_movement_therapy_institute and find The Movement Therapy Institute on Facebook. To learn more about their in person and virtual services, check out their website.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!