Hey everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. I am truly getting back to having guests in the podcast because I have with me Leslie Draffin, an internationally certified menstrual cycle coach who is passionate about eradicating shame and fear around women’s bodies, cycles, and psychedelics.
How Can Women Use Their Menstrual Cycle In Their Business
Most women think that the menstrual cycle pertains to only the days that we bleed. However, the menstrual cycle actually includes the first day we have our period until the day that we are about to start our period again. You are always somewhere in your menstrual cycle and you have to understand there are four phases here.
What we will be talking a lot about in this episode is the phases of our menstrual cycle, how our menstrual cycle can actually boost our productivity, and also a lot about plant medicine.
I found this fascinating so I hope that you do, too. Use the knowledge and the tips you will hear in this podcast to help your business thrive
Let’s talk about:
- Introduction of Leslie Draffin
- The book called Emotional Inheritance
- Leslie’s origin story: Her beliefs growing up, fears, coming of the pill, and putting attention to her cycles
- Leslie on the Well Woman Podcast and the first Internationally Certified Menstrual Cycle Academy
- Leslie on her first plant medicine and micro dosing experienceThe mushrooms don’t always give you what you want, because sometimes they give you what you need
- Mushrooms helped Leslie to be open to receiving and step into her femininity
- Leslie on the different stages of the menstrual cycle
- The infradian rhythm
- Leslie on when in the menstrual cycle should women do what they want to do in their business
- Inner spring is generally the time for creating new ideas
- Inner summer is generally when you are outgoing and confident
- Inner fall is generally when PMS happens and where you can meticulously plan out your new ideas and the dirty work; Be aware though that your inner critic will be in its strongest during inner fall
- Inner winter is generally when big decisions could happen
- Leslie on what happens to the cycle when women are no longer menstruating
- The moon and how it guided ancient cultures in what they do
- Leslie on microdosing, studying Psilocybin, and how these help her with what she goes through as a woman
- Storing energetic junk in the womb
- Why Leslie chose Psilocybin
- Our advice to our listeners who want to try plant medicines and the importance of researching
- Where Leslie gets information about plant medicines – Who she listens to, what she reads, what she watches
- Our thoughts on how psychedelics help access our subconscious mind
- Doing the inner work and some precautions when doing psychedelics or plant medicines
You can reach out to Leslie on Instagram if you want to work with her or know more about her work. Listen also to her podcast, The Light Within.
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!