Hey everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. In this episode, we will be talking about something that comes up often not only in the Beyond The Movement group but also in my own Mastermind groups. The topic is what to do when you feel like burning your business down, when you feel like giving up, when you feel like calling it quits, and why you are feeling that way.
The Different Reasons Why Business Owners Feel Like Quitting
The most common reason I hear, feel, see and experienced myself is financial stress. Most small businesses do not have a lot of capital and are self-funded. Another is burnout, stress, and overwhelm. The third one is lack of growth or progress.
We are going to dive into these reasons and talk about what you can do about them!
Let’s talk about:
- Introduction to the topic
- First factor why women in the boutique, fitness, wellness, and health care sector feel like quitting: Financial Difficulties
- Different kinds of financial difficulties
- Second factor why women in the boutique, fitness, wellness, and health care sector feel like quitting: Feeling burnout, stress, and overwhelm
- Third factor why women in the boutique, fitness, wellness, and health care sector feel like quitting: Lack of growth or progress
- My own experience when I almost gave up on my business
- Creating a system that revolved around me
- What you can do when you find yourself feeling like giving up and quitting on your business
- The Hidden Benefits of Failure for Women Entrepreneurs
- A lot of women entrepreneurs are perfectionists and high achievers
- Taking things personally
- Failure is opportunity, failure is information
- Fail faster
- Failure is an action, it’s not an identity
- Success is small consistent changes over time
- What I did when I was having difficulties when I opened my second location
- Rather than giving up, seek out information and ask for help
- Creating a pivot in your business or another revenue stream to achieve growth
- When To Pivot Your Business And How To Do It Successfully
- An example of a business model that isn’t working and what we did for it work
- The power of being resilient alongside being patient and persistent
- Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
- Things you shouldn’t be doing as the CEO of your business
- An idea on letting your kids help you with your business
- Is it worth it to grow and create something that you cannot sustain?
- Get help, be part of a community where you can voice your frustrations
- Keep going because your success is inevitable
Let’s talk about how running a business is difficult but let’s also talk about how we can overcome these challenges. I’d love to hear what you think about this episode so reach out to me on Instagram and recognize you are not in this alone. Keep going because your success is inevitable!
Looking for advice and resources to help you market and grow your clinic or client based business? Visit my website or follow me on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!