Hi! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. The topic for this week is actually part 1 of a two-part podcast. I am bringing in and introducing to you guys the people who are part of my team!
I think it’s great to pull back the curtain and show you a real-life view on who else makes the magic happen in my business!
Today, I have with me my Chief Operating Officer/Executive Director, Lauren, and my Director of Studio Operations, Kelly. Know more about what they do and how they help me navigate through many things and aspects in the business!
Let’s talk about
- Introduction to the topic
- Meet Kelly, my Executive Director and Director of Studio Operations: who she is, what she does, and how she became part of my team
- Meet Lauren, my Chief Operating Officer/Executive Director: who she is, what she does, and how she became part of my team
- A quick glimpse on my story and how I built my team
- How Kelly went from a clinician to a leadership-managerial role and how was that transition like for her
- Skills that Lauren brought from her corporate background that helped her quickly adjust to the role
- Lauren’s responsibilities and accountabilities in the company
- The importance of being present and on top of things
- A glimpse on how Kelly’s week goes, the different tasks she does, and how she handles it
- The challenging part of the job for Kelly and what makes it easier for her
- The most difficult part of the job for me
- What Lauren and Kelly do and think to help them get through difficult conversations
- Coaching groups and fitness foundation communities
- The mindset that helped me in difficult conversations
- Kelly’s advice if someone will have to step in her role in another company
- When does asking questions become difficult for business owners
- The good thing and importance of respecting boundaries
- Lauren’s advice if someone will have to step in her role in another company
- It’s okay to not know what you need when you’re new at a job or position
- The importance of meeting with your team
- Kelly and Lauren’s final words and advise
I will leave you all with the fact that having these amazing women in my team and learning how to handle the business better and be a better leader has been 12 years in the making. I am still a work in progress. You might think it’s not possible for you and your business but you certainly can do what I did, too! Just give yourself the time so that everyone can move into the roles and seats they are fit for!
If you are interested in growing a team like mine, go and check out all the business mentorship programs you can look into. Go to www.christagurka.com!
If you have other questions or if you found anything confusing in this episode, shoot me a DM on Instagram!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!