Hey everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. Today is a guest episode featuring Dr. Laura Sommer. She is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and the owner of In Motion Physical Therapy in Long Island, New York.
This episode will talk all about how Dr. Laura is able to navigate her successful insurance-based Physical Therapy business while also balancing motherhood, wifehood, womanhood, businesshood, and so much more!
We hope that you learn a lot from this episode because Dr. Laura initially feared going all in on her business. So many business owners began with their business as a side hustle and didn’t want to let go of their full-time job. Let’s go through Dr. Laura’s journey together so that you can see that it is possible to let go of that fear and grow a successful business from there!
Let’s get into:
- Introduction to today’s guest and topic
- Dr. Laura Sommer: Who she is, her journey, and what she does
- What inspired Dr. Laura into wanting to have her own business
- What Dr. Laura remembers growing up around family members who have businesses that resonated with her
- Dr. Laura on her business class in PT school
- Dr. Laura on how it went when she opened her own business
- When did Dr. Laura decided to go all in, how it transpired, and her biggest fear with going all in for her business
- Our take on the mindset of having a stable job and the pros and cons of it
- How long before Dr. Laura hired someone else to help with her business
- Dr. Laura on getting her business accredited and credentialed with various insurances and her process for out-of-network billing
- Dr. Laura on how long after she gets paid by the insurance companies
- Dr. Laura’s team at the moment and how many hours does she spend facing clients
- The pandemic era to present for Dr. Laura and her business and how she found me
- Women business owners usually look for evidence at where they are failing
- What happened for Dr. Laura in her business this July 2023
- The change that allowed Dr. Laura to run her business more efficiently and sustainably
- What does Dr. Laura see for In Motion Physical Therapy in the future
- Dr. Laura’s final thoughts
Let me help you take more things off your plate and create the financial independence that you deserve. Check out www.christagurka.com/mentorship and I’d be so happy to help you create the life that you want while your business continues to grow!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!