Hello there! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. What we’re talking about today is evaluating team members and how to keep a great team. This has been a topic that has come up a lot in my recent conversations.
The other things that we will be talking about are regular check-ins and reviews, regular and consistent feedback, rewarding and praising good work, working through problems, and deciding when it’s time to part ways. I hope that this episode will help you foster a great team culture!
Let’s dive into:
- Introduction to today’s topic
- How much it will cost you replacing a single employee according to statistics and why it costs that much
- Things that you can do as owner or manager to foster a positive working environment and encourage people to stay
- Have a regular check-in and review with your team members: People want to know that they are being heard and their work is being validated
- Another important statistic on how many American workers feels engaged in their jobs
- Strategies that you do to boost engagement with your team so you can retain and hold on to them
- Praise in public, reprimand in private
- Non-financial incentives and actionable strategies to keep and retain team members because not everyone is motivated by pay or salary
- Anything that is going to help your staff members be better will ultimately help you be better
- The importance of open communication with your team
- The rubric I use for my team so they can get to the next pay tiers
- Addressing issues as immediately as you can and setting expectations clearly
- The mindset to keep your best team members: I’m going to do my very best to keep the best people here; I’m going to treat them so well that they’re not gonna want to go somewhere else
- My Top 10 Books on Leadership and Team building that I’ve read and helped me build my great team
Books Mentioned In This Episode:
- How Great Leaders Inspire Action by Simon Sinek
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...and Others Don't by James C. Collins
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts by Brené Brown
- The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups by Daniel Coyle
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Greg McKeown and Liz Wiseman
- Primal Leadership by Daniel Goleman
- The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate The Three Essential Virtues by Patrick Lencioni
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!