Hey guys! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. This is a VERY special episode because I have a VERY special guest with me – my husband, Scott Gurka.
I wanted to share this episode with everyone because we will be talking about how we navigate our life, marriage, family situation, personal lives, and our careers.
I am an entrepreneur and my husband travels a lot for work. When I started the first business, Pilates In The Beach, there were challenges in our lives especially because our kids were so young. We were able to manage the changes pretty well, but Scott will share with you what worried him during those times.
We’ll also share with you how we share the responsibilities in our home and how we make sure that we spend time with each other so we don’t lose our connection. Further, Scott has some advice for those who have a husband or a wife who is a business owner.
Listen to this episode so you get a look on how we handle our lives while growing our business and career!
Let’s dive into:
- Introduction to today’s guest and topic
- When and where did Scott and I meet and a quick rundown of our life together
- The biggest challenges according to Scott when I first started my business
- Scott on never seeing me going the path of being a business owner during our dating years
- The support we got from our families and Scott’s point of view on the sacrifices we both made during the early years of our children’s lives
- Scott on being a hands-on dad: His upbringing and his own beliefs and traits
- How Scott feels on the changes that happened five years ago when he started travelling for work and being out of the house most of the time
- Scott on passing up on opportunities to focus on the kids and being a father
- The times in my business that Scott felt like I was losing it and doing too much for the business
- How well does Scott understand the business and what he believes his role is
- How does Scott feel when I talk about the business at home
- The biggest challenge for Scott in the last 12 years in terms of us both having own careers
- What does Scott do
- What Scott and I agreed to do just recently to not lose our connection
- Some financial challenges and concerns in the business that Scott remembers
- What are we responsible for in our home
- Scott’s advice on partners who have wives/husbands who are business ownersWhat does Scott think about how our children feel about me as a business owner
- What does Scott see three years from now in terms of the business
I hope that you share this with your partner, too, if you feel like you can relate to us!
Before I let you go, if you want to meet me in person, you can join our CEO Summit on November 8, 9, and 10. Check out https://www.christagurka.com/2023ceosummit to apply!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!