Hello everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. Today’s episode is very near and dear to my heart and it is about how Mental Health Therapy impacted my business.
The truth is, being a business owner affects your mental health. And in turn, your mental health and self-awareness will affect your ability to be a leader and a business owner.
I’ll be sharing with you how therapy has helped me in both my business and personal life so I hope that you give this episode a listen to learn a thing or two because mental health matters!
- Introduction to today’s topic
- “Your level of success will seldom exceed your level of personal development, because success is something you attract by the person you become” – Jim Rohn
- A quick story about my first ever Mastermind I enrolled in and what I always remember from it
- The reason I started going to therapy and when did I decide to go to therapy
- How I knew that my therapist was the one after going to several other therapists
- The things I learned and realized once I went to therapy and how it helped me in terms of my business life
- I am a high achiever and was a perfectionist – Where did these come from?
- My thoughts now on what I learned while growing up – Money was finite and you do not talk about money
- Things I learned in therapy that I use in my everyday life
- I am not responsible for another adult’s emotional reaction
- I am my own entity aside from my failure and success
- Therapy has helped me realize that I am a verbal processor
- Therapy has helped me understand why certain things irritate me
- Therapy has helped me gain a level of self-awareness to be a better leader
If you have questions about this episode regarding the therapy I did and the medication I am on, please reach out. Share your story, too, if you can!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!