Hi! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. The episode I have for you today came up when I was on a walk and was listening to a podcast. The title is “Overcoming Overthinking for the Female Business Owner.”
I think that many of the people who resonate with me, join my mentorship group, and listen to my podcast are similar in the fact that we all tend to be high achievers. And in the many meetings I have, we talk a lot about not only overthinking, but also catastrophizing.
I worked on overthinking and catastrophizing for the last five or six years. For a while, I actually thought that everyone thought the same and everyone was just like me – that they also drive themselves crazy.
Later, I realized that I’ve been sending myself into these spirals that aren’t even necessary because there are so many things I overthink that are completely out of my control or are completely made up in my head.
With this episode, I hope you understand that you are not alone and there are things that we can do so that we overcome overthinking together!
Let’s talk about:
- Introduction to today’s topic
- The type of thoughts that comes to my mind because of being an overthinker
- What is overthinking and catastrophizing
- Women tend to ruminate 30 percent more than men do
- Why is overthinking seen predominantly in women in business
- The implications of constantly catastrophizing and overthinking: Analysis Paralysis, Decision Paralysis
- Some case studies on the causes and results of overthinking for women in business
- How overthinking affects your health
- How you can have adaptive problem solving and analytical skills without creating maladaptive rumination and overthinking
- Some solutions for overthinking that worked for me as well as solutions based on researches
- Some interventions, mindset shift, reframing that you can do for your overthinking
- A few case studies relevant to being mindful and avoiding overthinking for female business owners
- What I did during the time that I was feeling overwhelmed with my business or when team members leave my company
Know that things are eventually going to work out and the universe will conspire in your favor!
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!