Hi there everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Female Empowered Podcast. Today, I have another guest episode and I am so happy to have with me Mary Beth Simón. She actually reached out to me to be a guest on my podcast and when I looked at her bio, I knew we had to have her on board because I know we will all be learning a lot from her.
Mary Beth’s business is Niche Partnership Consulting and what she does is create contingency plans to prepare business owners and their teams for extended vacations or something unexpected. She assists business owners in this regard so that the business can return to run successfully in their absence.
In my own coaching business, I always tell the business owners that I help that the first step for them to live the lives they want and still successfully run their businesses is to remove themselves from their business so it doesn’t revolve around them. I’ve mentioned the “Operation Christa Gets Hit By A Bus” several times in this podcast already and in this episode, I really want to dive into what happens to your business if you can’t be a part of your business when life happens.
Listen to this episode and I hope you get a lot of ideas from my talk with Mary Beth!
Let’s get into:
- Introduction to today’s topic and today’s guest
- Who is Mary Beth Simon: What she does, how she got into helping business owners, and the type of businesses she helps
- Mary Beth on what are the things to think about contingency planning and when should business owners start thinking about it
- The benefits of having a Business Contingency Plan and a Business Continuance Playbook
- The types of events/happenings that Mary Beth encountered where business owners had to remove themselves from the business
- The things that Mary Beth put in place when business owners come to her and wants to develop a continuity/contingency plan
- Mary Beth on how and what happens when an emergency occurs when business owners already have the contingency plans
- Mary Beth on how banking activities could continue when business owners run into emergency situations
- Mary Beth on what happens when business owners have not thought about setting up plans regarding bank information and other crucial system information and SOPs
- Mary Beth on more important details and information that business owners should prepare
- What happens to a business without a continuity plan or any documentation VS when there is a continuity plan
- Mary Beth on the transition that happens for profitable businesses that has become assets once the business owner can no longer operate
- Mary Beth on the duration of how long she works with clients for their contingency plan/playbook and her recommendation on how often should business owners review the plan
- Should business owners roll out the contingency plan to the whole team or to just the second in command?
- Mary Beth’s advice on getting and creating a contingency plan
- Our take on the best time you can start with your contingency plan
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!