Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFridays guest this week is Christi Brown. Christi helps women bridge the gap between eating intuitively and athleticism. She flipped the diet culture bird after years of chronic dieting, disordered eating habits, and hating her body.
She now teaches fellow extreme dieters, fit moms, former athletes, and fitness enthusiasts alike, how to live a life without food rules, restriction, or self-destruction.
Mentally Fit & Empowered through Food Freedom
As a fitness and health lover who became obsessed with the look of health, more than health itself, Christi hit rock bottom as a mom of two boys, trying to lose the baby weight and maintain her rigid vision of health. Her body became her identity, and she didn’t know how to live her life after years of chronic dieting.
The pain, body obsession, eating disorders, food anxiety, and over-exercise reached its peak when her body was literally broken. She was able to find balance within her eating habits, body image and how she took care of herself through years of hard mental work. Now, she teaches others how to work on their health from the inside out, rather than outside in.
Christi and I talked about what it means to eat and live intuitively and where to start on your own journey to a life of food freedom. Tune in to the full episode to hear it all!
In this episode we discuss:
- [00:45] What intuitive eating is compared to what our culture says health is
- [02:00] Working on your identity and healing from the inside out
- [03:50] How our thoughts slowly over time compound and turn into behaviors and obsessions- especially for those of us who are perfectionists, people pleasers, and over achievers
- [04:19] Why happiness is not a destination
- [07:50] Focusing on mental health as a form of self-care, rather than the food or exercise
- [12:15] Control manifesting in our lives and the scarcity mindset around food
- [17:54] Where to start when working towards eating intuitively
- [24:23] Big T traumas and little t traumas
- [29:00] Where to find Christi and how to work with her
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!