Let’s kick off the weekend with a brand new #FemaleFridays episode, shall we? This week on the Female emPOWERED podcast, I spoke to Andrea Trombley, founder and CEO of Andrea Trombley PT & Yoga in Vermont. Through her practice, Andrea helps older patients maintain a strong, active lifestyle with reduced stress and chronic pain.
Founding her dream business after 50
Andrea has been a physical therapist for 23 years, but she only recently founded her own practice, Andrea Trombley PT & Yoga, in the past few years. Let this be a reminder to anyone wondering if it’s “too late” to go for it and open their own practice!
“I was about to turn 50 a few years ago and decided that if I was ever going to do what I always thought I was going to do, which was open my own business, I’d better get going,” said Andrea. “Turning 50 was really the start of my business career.”
Two years in, Andrea’s physical therapy and yoga practice has completely evolved into something different than what she originally envisioned. While patients immediately flocked to her practice at the beginning, that all changed in May of 2020 because of COVID-19.
Everything in Vermont shut down. With no one coming in for classes or PT services, Andrea gave notice on her practice’s physical space, which meant she’d only have it through the summer. However, she realized that she could offer virtual classes to her patients, so by September 2020, her practice was hosting four classes a week online. Andrea even renovated an unused space in her home where she hosts classes now.
Andrea and I talked about other challenges she faced as a business owner, transitioning to online teaching, her work in Haiti, and much more, so tune in to the whole episode to hear it all!
In this episode we discuss:
- Andrea’s previous work at an out-patient private physical therapy clinic
- What her first year of running her own business was like
- How Andrea pivoted and adjusted her services once the COVID-19 pandemic hit
- What Andrea’s offers for services and classes look like now, including workshops, monthly memberships, and drop-in classes
- Transitioning from hosting small workshops to larger workshops, and how they differed when teaching online
- Andrea’s dream scenario of the future and what her business would look like
- Her work teaching physical therapy and occupational therapy in Haiti
- Where you can find Andrea and her business online
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!