Happy Friday, Female emPOWERED listeners! My #FemaleFridays guest this week is Katie Costalas, co-founder of RippedPHL.
As a lifelong athlete, Katie has always found a way to keep fitness and health a top priority in her life, even when she worked in the finance world. In 2012, she transitioned into the fitness industry full-time and opened up RippedPHL in Philadelphia, which combines high-intensity interval based training with her elite brand of personal training.
Finance major turned fitness professional
Katie completed a double major in Finance and Management from DePaul University, but kept up with her fitness through soccer and personal training. She started her career in Derivatives Trading, and then obtained both the highly respected ACSM Certified Personal Training Certification and Yoga Alliance certification.
She currently lives in Philadelphia where she works with a variety of men and women from beginners to advanced, young to mature who have all benefited from her belief in lifestyle balance and dedication to keeping clients holistically healthy!
In this episode we discuss:
- Growing up as an athlete and how fitness was always a part of her life
- Majoring in Finance and Management and working in the finance world
- Transitioning into the fitness industry full-time
- What is RippedPHL and who is it for
- Adapting during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Outdoor classes and On-Demand workout options
- Rebranding and revamping with the help of an online team
- The Beyond the Movement Inner Circle
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Will have to wait for episode to get recorded
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!