Hello and I hope you are all having an AMAZING Friday! I am so excited because my #FemaleFridays guest this week is Kaleen Canevari — although I have never met her in person. I have followed her for a long time and I am not going to lie, she probably saved me hundreds of dollars in equipment repairs with her Dawn and water cleaning technique!
Kaleen is the CEO of Flexia, a connected fitness company that brings the Pilates studio into your living room. She holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering and is a certified Pilates instructor. Talk about a woman who wears a lot of different hats, right? We discuss all different topics from engineering and pilates to product design.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who Kaleen is, her journey, and how she got to where she is today
- How Kaleen started to design and develop Flexia
- Thinking outside the box and figuring out a way to make everyone feel comfortable in pilates and on a reformer
- Decision-making and designing the Flexia Reformer
- How technology can help Pilates instructors & our students
- Technology that has been integrated into the Flexia Reformer
- Being a female in engineering and the equipment industry
- How men and women are viewed differently in the entrepreneurial world
- Bias against women in life and business
If you are looking to purchase a Flexia Reformer, you’ll have to jump on the waitlist because it is SOLD OUT. You can find the reformer at www.flexiapilates.com. If you want to connect with Kaleen, follow her on Instagram @thefitreformer.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the show to help other female fitness and wellness professionals find our podcast!
Interested in being a guest on a future Female Friday episode? Email me at [email protected]!