You’ve just finished conceptualizing the perfect brand using the perfect business model, you’re ready to start offering the most innovative products or services in the market, you’ve got the best team behind your back, AND you have a fiery passion to become the most successful healthcare and wellness entrepreneur in the country…
What could go wrong, right?
Well, as Beth Comstock once said… “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything”.
That’s where marketing comes into play. No matter how good your products or services are, and no matter how amazing your team may be, your market will never know if you don’t tell them about it. That’s why it’s called MARKETing.
Here are 8 marketing lessons for healthcare and wellness business owners to remember when drafting your marketing strategy or managing your marketing team. Hoping these help upcoming entrepreneurs start in the right direction...
1. You have to sell people what they want, then give them what they need.
2. You need to market the “getting back on the golf course” and not your “manual therapy.”
3. Don’t just focus on getting customers. Create leverage by building a community.
4. Entertain, educate, entertain, educate, entertain, educate, then sell.
5. Give value so clients can know, like & trust you.
6. There’s no one size fits all strategy.
7. Respond and recognize every comment and DM.
8. Don’t compare your Year 1 with someone else’s Year 10.
Don’t get me wrong, marketing can be an overwhelming hurdle to tackle for most business owners, but it is absolutely essential if you want people to know about your business AND then BUY from you.
At the end of the day, you only need to be guided by the fact that marketing is no longer just about the stuff you make and sell. It’s about your audience and the stories you tell.